To receive a liquor license in Texas, you first must pass the TABC test. This test is administered by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission and is designed to ensure that anyone who holds a liquor license in Texas knows how to safely handle and serve alcohol, recognize the signs of intoxication, and otherwise keep everyone in the state safely protected without ruining any fun. Without the license, it is illegal to serve alcohol in the state. If you want to pass your test the first time around, the five tips below can help.
1. Eat a Good Breakfast: Breakfast fuels the day and provides brain power that you will use to function and make good decisions. It is important to wake up refreshed and with time to eat a good hearty breakfast before you head to take the test, or log on, if taking the test online.
2. Study: Don’t think that you can cheat and find out through an online source what will be on the test. It is updated for every class so this cannot happen. However, there are practice exams that can give you a better idea of the types of questions that you will answer on the test. Make sure that you take the time to study all of the information so you can successfully complete the test.
3. Phone a Friend: Or, better yet, invite them over to serve as your study partner. Any good friend will be more than willing to come to the rescue when you need someone to test your knowledge or otherwise help you prepare for an important test.
4. Sleep Well: Don’t toss and turn worrying about the test all night. You’ll only make things worse. A good night sleep is just as important as a good breakfast.
5. Relax: It’s easier to say than do, but it is important to relax if you want to pass your test.